According to Wikipedia, a trade show is an exhibition organized so that companies in a specific industry can showcase and demonstrate their latest products and services, meet with industry partners and customers, study activities of rivals, and examine recent market trends and opportunities. A trade show may also be called a trade fair, a trade exhibition or an expo.
There are a lot of trade shows that you can attend as an Amazon Seller. Some are big such as ASD Market Week in Las Vegas that happens twice a year or smaller ones. You may be thinking that why should I attend trade shows as a FBA seller? There are many benefits that are outlined in the 5 Benefits of Attending Trade Shows.
Trade Show Myths
There are many trade show myths, and these are really myths.
- You need to be a big seller to attend trade shows – When you think of trade shows, you may think that you must be selling millions to attend trade shows. That is not the case. If you are set up as a business, you can attend.
- “Newbies” can’t open wholesale accounts – Are you a new Amazon FBA seller? Do you feel like you don’t have much experience? That doesn’t matter. Did you know that you can still open wholesale accounts at trade shows? I opened my first wholesale accounts at a trade show when I had been selling less than a year and on a part-time basis.
- You must buy a huge quantity at trade shows – Do you have nightmares of pallets of merchandise showing up at your house from your trade show order? Don’t worry. Lots of vendors have a low minimum order quantity or MOQ. In some cases, I only had to order 1 case of product.
- You must spend a lot of money at trade shows – Another fear may be that you must spend thousands of dollars to get started. One of my first accounts did not have a minimum amount of money that needed to be spent and another one was only $100.
- It is hard to navigate trade shows – This can be true but does not have to be. The first trade show I attended was about 2 ½ hours away and it was fairly small. This was a great way for me to get my feet wet and start to feel comfortable attending trade shows. I recommend that you find a smaller trade show as your first one also.
Trade Shows For FBA teaches you trade show strategies for Amazon Sellers. This course will give you all the details you need to register for trade shows, what you need to be prepared for the show, what to do at the trade show and even how to research the items that you find at the show to determine if they will be profitable on Amazon. This course also includes a trade show directory along with websites.